Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tell-Tale Signs

"So you will be a sign to them, and they will know that I am the LORD." Ezekiel 24:27b

Okay, I hope I can safely say that this will be my last blog post about Special K Chocolatey Delight! I just keep "tasting and seeing" that the Lord is good...and that He speaks to our hearts...and in our language. This "message" from the Lord is a little quirky...but here goes!

Yes, so I had finished my snack of Special K Chocolatey Delight. Oh, so yummy. A little bit later I went to brush my teeth before bed. I happened to examine my teeth in the mirror before I began. I just had to laugh! I had little chocolate "leftovers" in between several of my teeth. That was a lovely sight! (I don't think I'll be eating those in front of guests!) I have to wonder, did John and Melea see that and just not say anything????

Yeah, there was a tell-tale sign of what I had been eating. It showed!

In Psalm 119:97-103, we read, "Oh, how I love Your law! I meditate on it all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on Your statutes. I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey Your precepts. I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I might obey Your Word. I have not departed from Your laws, for You Yourself have taught me. How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"

I pray that there are visible signs that I have been savoring His Word. I pray that there is evidence of the fruit of His Spirit within me...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22,23 I pray that "My lips overflow with praise...and my tongue sings of [His] Word." Psalm 119:171-172

Lord, increase my hunger and thirst for You. Fill me with Your Word...the only true means of satisfaction. Help me to bear evidence of Your presence within me. Help others to be able to SEE Your love shining through me. Thank You for Your Word...for Your whisperings in our hearts and minds...for the little lessons that You want us to learn and remember...even through silly "signs."

2 comments:

Jean said...

SMILE! What you've been spiritually "eating" really is showing, Kristi.

Grace & Peace to you and yours,
Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com
http://www.jeanmatthewhallwords.blogspot.com

Write2ignite said...

This is a great post, Kristi. What a great word picture!

peace,
Donna