Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Laugh With Me!!

"...God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me."  Genesis 21:6 (NIV)

Have you laughed today?

My day got off to such a wonderful start.  My hubby and I had such a great laugh together...the kind with snorts...and re-starts...you know, how you laugh hard, and then sort of make a sighing noise, and then start all over again with renewed gusto!  That has made me smile all day...and even laugh some more.

We all need more laughter.  As Proverbs 17:22 says, "A cheerful heart is good medicine." (NIV)

Studies show that laughter releases a variety of chemicals that make you feel better...and reduces chemicals that make you feel anxious and stressed.  Laughing increases oxygen intake, thereby replenishing and invigorating cells...and giving you more energy!  It also increases the pain threshold, boosts immunity, and can even help lower your blood pressure and cholesterol!  Now that's some "good medicine"!

So, when was the last time you went from a chortle to an all out guffaw?  You know, the kind that makes your belly hurt and tears run down your face?  Take action!  Tell a funny joke!  (Clean, of course.)  Watch an episode of America's Funniest Home Videos.  Watch a funny movie.  Reminisce about funny family moments.  Be silly.  Let it go!  Erupt into laughter!

What about you?  What makes YOU laugh??

Lord, thank You for creating laughter.  It is fun to picture You..."the One enthroned in heaven laugh[ing]...."  Just that thought makes me smile.  We praise You that "[You] will yet fill [our]mouth with laughter and [our] lips with shouts of joy."  We love You!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hubby made me laugh last night, too. I giggled...and giggled...and giggled some more. It was good for me AND him! :)

Jeannie said...

What makes me laugh?
Most often it's our 2 little grandchildren (ages 4 & 5)....they keep us laughing all the time we are with them. Their vocabularies are huge, but they don't always know the correct meaning of the words they use.
Plus they often can't pronounce them correctly either.
Cracks us up!!!!!