Friday, June 12, 2009

Satisfied

"When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land He has given you." Deut. 8:10 (NIV)

I'm up...way past my bedtime...and I feel the need to confess something before I hit those freshly washed sheets. I have an addiction. Yes, it's true. I don't know that I've ever felt this way before. I'm up this late because I had to wait for my "fix." My hubby (who loves to grocery shop...and typically late at night) is enabling me...Yes, that's true too!...although messing with my sleep schedule!

It was pretty much all I could think about while he was gone. Finally he arrived home with the goods! (And he got them at a great price!!! They were 2 for $5 and he had $1 off coupon!!) Uh-huh, my man loves me...and a good deal! He bought not just one, but four boxes of Special K Chocolatey Delight...and Mmmmm, it is truly a delight!!! (They should hire me as their spokesperson!) The flakes are oh so crunchy...just the right amount of sweetness...and then the chocolate pieces...I even drink every drop of the milk that is left in the bowl. Yum-O!!

Now, I know I am taking the above verse out of context...and not making some great spiritual point...but I hope to tomorrow!

Meanwhile...
Thank you Lord that I have eaten and am satisfied. And thank you for the GOOD land that you have given me...a summer wide open for time with You, a screened in porch with comfy furniture to enjoy cool breezes and bird song, Your Word to inspire and guide me, family, friends, a faithful dog...and more Special K Chocolately Delight in the morning!

No comments: