Friday, August 13, 2010

Unsure of "What" I Am...Certain of Whose I Am

"I have summoned you by name; you are mine."  Isaiah 43:1b (NIV)

I think I'm an enigma...but I need to look the word up in the dictionary.  Recently at work I took one of those personality tests...you know the ones with confusing questions...that sum up "what" you are in 4 letters.  Well, I don't know if I answered the questions incorrectly or just what happened, but I didn't match my correlating letters...or even the other combination that my numbers nearly added up to.  I can be both an "extrovert" and an "introvert"...love being with people...but love being alone.  Typically, I would rather just stay in my own little "home sweet home", but once I leave that place of solace, I am energized and love the interaction...most of the time.  The quiz showed clearly that I am "sensing"...which I don't completely understand...but I'll just take to mean, "I've got good sense."  (A chuckle here is appropriate.)  There is some question as to whether I am "thinking" or "feeling".  Am I smart enough to be a "thinker"??  It seems that I am more "judging" than "perceiving"...which supposedly means that I can make decisions...which just totally cracks me up!!!  I can't even decide what to have for dinner!  I do have to say that I was relieved that it didn't mean that I'm "judgemental"!!!  Anyway, after my dear boss charted everyone...by letters...on the board...we just couldn't quite figure my totals out.  So I left not knowing "what" I am.

It humored me some...then perplexed me a bit.  "What" am I???

And then it all just didn't matter.  I may be unsure of "What" I am, but one thing is absolutely certain...I know "Whose" I am!!!  And that is all that truly counts.

Just listen to these reminders from His Word...for me...and for you!!

"I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well...How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!  How vast is the sum of them!  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand."  Psalm 139:14, 17-18

He says to us, "...you are precious and honored in my sight, and...I love you."  Isaiah 43:4

"...the LORD has chosen you to be His treasured possession."  Deuteronomy 14:2

You are a part of "the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."  Isaiah 43:21

"'You are my witnesses,' declares the LORD, 'and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He....'"  Isaiah 43:10

"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the Word of Truth, the gospel of your salvation.  Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession-to the praise of His glory."  Ephesians 1:13-14

Doesn't that make you feel like praising???  We are His...God's very own possession!  The Creator of the universe calls us by name.  He loves us!!  He treasures us!!!  His Holy Spirit dwells in us...and empowers us to do whatever God calls us to...no matter "what" we are.  We belong to Him!

Lord, thanks don't seem to begin to be enough to offer back to You upon the remembrance that I am Yours...that You treasure me...that You love me...no matter "what" I am...that You created me.  You formed me.  You made me "what" I am...and You will continue to work, as a potter with clay, to make me into the likeness of You.  I praise You!  I love You!

1 comment:

Write2ignite said...

This post does indeed make me feel like praising our Creator! Sometimes I can get caught up in the "what am I?" instead of focusing on "Who I belong to"! :)

Thank you for the reminder my friend.

love and hugs,
Donna