Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Meditation~Just Wait


"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope."  Psalm 130:5 (NIV)

Lines, lines, lines...waiting, waiting, waiting.  There are lines at WalMart, the grocery store, in traffic, at restaurants, at the DMV, at stoplights, and even at Disneyland..."the happiest place on earth"...and Disney World...the place "where dreams come true."  How is your attitude when you have to wait?

Life holds lots of waiting...and not just in lines.  Sometimes you have to wait for direction, wait for test results, wait for healing, wait for a job opening, wait for someone to come to know the Lord.  How do you handle waiting?

One thing is for sure.  If we are waiting on the LORD, it will definitely be worth it.  We are promised in Isaiah 64:4 that "Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him."  Our hope is in Christ alone.  He is the only source of true happiness.  He is the One who can really make our dreams come true.


Lord, help us to wait on You...with good attitudes.  We love You.  We trust You.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Waiting can be hard, and it's easy to get discouraged and lose focus. I love that His mercies are new every morning, and each day is a new opportunity to trust and believe!

Love you!!
and I smile every time I see that pretty white & blue K in my reader!

Kristi Butler said...

Susan, you are so sweet! And I owe that Favicon (or Gaviscon) to you!! You're the best!!
Love you!