Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Meditation~Set Apart

The word of the LORD came to me, saying,

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

"Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."

But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 1:4-8 (NIV)


Those are powerful words to Jeremiah.

And they pack the same punch for us.

Yes, us! Before we were born He knew us and set us apart. He has a distinct plan for each of us. He created us, fashioned us with specific gifts and talents, with that purpose in mind.

Jeremiah was set apart as a prophet to the nations. What are YOU set apart to do?

Do not be afraid, for He is with you!

2 comments:

Susan said...

How awesome is it that He had a plan for us from the very beginning of creation?? As for what I'm set apart to do, I guess I'd better get after it ;)
Love you!!

Kristi Butler said...

You are doing it!! Keep on!!
Love you!