Friday, May 4, 2012

Outlast, Outlove, Outreign

Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies. Psalm 36:5 (NIV)

There's that word again.

Outlast.

We've heard it year after year on Survivor...you know, Outwit, Outlast, Outplay.

Today I read it on my new antiperspirant/deodorant.

Now, on the container, antiperspirant is listed first and deodorant second. Naturally I assumed that their claim applied to both. No. Upon closer inspection, it's just the odor protection that is supposed to "outlast" my day.

I felt a little mislead and disappointed. For a moment anyway.

Then I was flooded with thoughts of the only One who promises anything that truly Outlasts.  This verse immediately came to mind.

For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5


God and God alone outlasts, outloves, and outreigns! Let's put our trust in Him.

He's the true "invisible solid"!

Teach me Your way, LORD, that I may rely on Your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your Name. Psalm 86:11

That's my prayer today.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm really glad we serve a God who knows when to outwit us, but thank goodness He doesn't outplay us.

Off to the beach with sweet Sarah - Love you!!

Kristi Butler said...

Oh, I hope you and Sarah have fun!!

Thanks for being such a faithful encourager!! Love you!