Friday, August 27, 2010

Did God Say, "Duh?"

"From the ends of the earth I call to You, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."  Psalm 61:2 (NIV)

At the point of exasperation, I uttered,...to myself...right out loud, "Sometimes all you can do is pray."

I'm not really sure what God did at that moment...if He said, "Duh"...although I kind of doubt it...or maybe He smiled and said, "She's finally got it."...or possibly just shook His head and said, "You really don't know me, do you?"

It is easy to get caught up in the turmoil of life...sometimes it comes in floods...threatening to swallow us in its depths.  Our mind can run wild with scenarios of what could happen as a result of our circumstances...or those of our loved ones.  We want to do something...feel some sort of control.

But...sometimes all we can do is pray.  And what could be more powerful than prayer?  What greater peace can come than the peace that God is in control...that nothing is a surprise to Him...that He is able...and that He loves us...and our loved ones...more than we can begin to fathom.  Prayer is enough.  His "grace is sufficient...for [His] power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

"I love the LORD, for He heard my voice;
He heard my cry for mercy.
Because He turned His ear to me,
I will call upon Him as long as I live...
I was overcome with trouble and sorrow.
Then I called on the Name of the LORD:
O LORD, save me!
The LORD is gracious and righteous;
Our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the simplehearted;
When I was in great need, He saved me.
Be at rest once more, O my soul,
For the LORD has been good to you."  Psalm 116:1-7

LORD, You know our needs.  You know our troubles and our sorrows.  We cry out to You...knowing of Your grace, Your mercy, and Your compassion.  We remember how good You have been to us.  Give us peace and rest.  We love You.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

And Amen. And an awesome opening verse...think I can relate. Blessings Kristi.

Wendy Pope said...

you are so beautiful inside and out. i hear your heart and pray with you and for you.