Monday, August 16, 2010

God's "Love-call"...Will You Answer?

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple."   Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

It broke my heart.  Her answer was "not right now...maybe tomorrow."  I just wanted to see her face.

My daughter lives in Texas temporarily.  It's only been 3 weeks since I've seen her, but I miss her terribly.  We both have computers with webcams, so I decided to sign up for Skype...so that I could see her as well as hear her sweet voice.  Excitedly, I called her on Saturday.  I really wasn't surprised that I didn't get her.  She and her husband had gone to a waterpark for the day.  I figured that they were really tired when they got back.  I left a message on her phone...maybe even two...saying that I had Skype and couldn't wait to see her!  No response.  I called her last night (on my cell phone), to ask her to "get on" to Skype.  She said "not right now...maybe tomorrow."  I still get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think of it.

Now, let me just say, in my sweet baby's defense, she wasn't feeling well...bad cheese fries, she said.

This morning, as I still felt the longing to see her, I couldn't help but think how often God...our Abba Father...must feel exactly the same way.  He's waiting...excited to see us...longing for our face to look toward Him...and we just say, "Not right now...maybe tomorrow."

Interestingly, as I went to one of my favorite devotion books (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young) this morning, the second paragraph read like this:

"When you seek My Face in response to My Love-call, both of us are blessed."

He knows how I feel...and I know how He feels.  We are His children.  He doesn't need technology to see our faces.  He just needs our obedience...our desire to see Him too.  I'm so sorry for the times that I break His heart.

LORD, thank You for longing to see me.  Forgive me for the many times I've rejected  Your "love-call."  Draw me Lord.  You bless me so richly.  Oh, how I want to bless You back.  I love You.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I love how Sarah Young worded this invitation....God's "love call".....and how your spirit so swiftly compared your experience with your daughter to that of Our Lord's love call to us. I need to respond MORE.