Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday Worship~I Will Rise

Since last Thursday evening, I've had the privilege of spending much time at the bedside of my precious Grandmother as she makes her way to eternity. The memories we share are such treasures. It is difficult to let go of those we love, but the burden is lessened when we know what joy awaits them if they belong to Jesus. My Grandmother loves the Lord and His Word. Before her mind was compromised to the effects of dementia, she was truly a student of the Word and took her 40 years of teaching Sunday School very seriously. Soon she will be in the arms of Jesus and hearing the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant." And a grand reunion awaits her...my Granddaddy, her son, her brothers and sisters, and other great friends and family. Blessed assurance.

As I took a little time to come to my parents house and change clothes, God showered some love on me as this song played on the local Christian radio station. What encouragement to my soul.

The victory is won. It is well.

3 comments:

Susan said...

One of my very favorite Chris Tomlin songs. Praying for you and your family.
Love you :)

Heather said...

Love this song. Sorry to hear about your grandma, but what a precious Christian heritage she has given you! I'll be praying for your family. Hugs, Kristi...

Kristi Butler said...

Thank you , Susan and Heather. So thankful for God's Word and for songs that encourage us. And for friends like you! Love and hugs!