That's how long we had to write down "the things we've learned so far."
After receiving the assignment from our fearless leader, the members of my writers group put pen to paper, our hands in motion like inchworms across the page, only at lightning speed.
Here's my list...just as I wrote it. Unedited. (Hence, the order may not be that of true priority.)
- Laugh more. Even at myself.
- Forgive. And forgive. And forgive.
- Sometimes life's not fair. Instead of asking, "Why me?" ask "Why not me?"
- We tend to think everyone else's life is perfect. It's not.
- Be brave. Take risks.
- Hope. Believe. Trust God.
- Work at what you hope to accomplish.
- Naps are good. Sometimes you need to write (or work) instead.
- Nurture friendships.
- Love lavishly.
- Don't let the disappointments rule your thoughts.
- Wear comfy shoes...and clothes.
- Buy one pair of "statement" shoes and a "statement" purse.
- Spend time with those you love. Cherish the moments...even the hard ones.
- Sometimes it's best to be silent.
- Listen more.
- Be alert to people God's placed in your path. You never know what friendships might develop.
Actually, I need to emphasize that I've not mastered these. I'm a work in progress, still trying to apply to my heart, mind, and actions what I've discerned from my observations along the way.
Now it's your turn! Set the timer for eight minutes. Go!