Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Meditation~God is For You!

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31b (NIV)

I've done it again.

I took a chunk of a well-known verse, one that's hidden in my heart, and "majored on the minor."

Instead of focusing on the awesome reality that God is for me, I slipped into wanderings of who might be against me.

Can you believe that??

People, God is for us.

The Creator of the universe knows us personally and is FOR us!

He is FOR you!!! He wants wonderful things for you! He is cheering you on!! Jesus, Himself, is interceding on your behalf!

I don't know about you, but that makes me want to jump and shout (and in the mind of the younger woman inside me, be a flier...and raise my arms in victory!)

Won't you join me today in celebrating the depth of His love for us, the Truth of His Word, and bask in knowing that our salvation is wrapped in those words as well as the reality of all blessings?

Yes, God is for us! 

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh girl, YOU KNOW I keep my Jesus pom-poms handy!! I'm cheering because of His unfathomable love for us, and I'm joining Him in cheering for YOU!

YOU GO, sweet Kristi Groundhog -- He has something amazing for you!
Love you!!!

Hester's Heart said...

Kristi,

Thank you for sharing your perspective on this verse - how interesting b/c I think I've done this too (only really looked at one side of it and not the other).

Thank you for this important reminder this morning; I really needed this.

Bless you Kristi,
Hester, :)

Kristi Butler said...

Thank you, my sweet encouraging friends!! Hester and Susan, I love how God has joined our hearts and hands (Spirit fingers!!) as we share our love for Him!

Praying sweet blessings for you both!