Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Thought for Thanksgiving

"'...Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.'" Luke 1:28

My apologies to the few followers who check occasionally to see if I'm writing!! I've either been caught up with the day to day comings and goings of life...or terribly undisciplined...or BOTH! God has spoken on several different occasions and I must confess that I never made it to the computer. But, those words are jotted on random pieces of paper...the back of sermon notes, sticky notes, envelopes, napkins...and hopefully someday when I am more disciplined I'll be able to remember the purpose of my scribblings and share words that hopefully will bless the readers of them.

Now, on to the Word!!! This morning I started studying Luke's account of the Christmas story. Mmmm, so much there to bless our hearts. I was particularly touched by the angel, Gabriel's words to Mary as he just appeared...out of the blue! He said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Let's just take those words and hear them fresh...directly to our hearts. We are highly favored by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! He loves us!! We are His favorites!! And He...Emmanuel...is with us...no matter where we are, no matter where we've been, no matter what road life takes us down in the future. He loves us and He is with us.

Wow! What a reason for giving thanks. Wrap that love around you today. Feel the warmth of His presence.

Abba, Father, thank you for your great love for us. Thank you for the assurance of your presence with us. Thank you for loving so much that you sent your Son on our behalf so that we could spend eternity with you. Your love is truly unfathomable. Thank you.

1 comment:

Wendy Pope said...

I am glad to see you still remember how to "scribble."

I have missed the precious sound of your words.

I love you and you know I understand about busy life and lack of discipline.