Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday Thoughts~MOVED

"For in Him we live and move and have our being."  Acts 17:28 (NIV)

I've been MOVED.

It came via Facebook and a "share."  My dear friend, Edie Melson, "shared" a blog post by Jodie Bailey (from Jan. 4, called "Oh the Irony").  I loved the post.  It made me laugh.  It brought conviction. It inspired me.  At first I just commented on the FB post.  Then when Edie made a followup comment suggesting that we all chime in with our word for the year, I got those wheels in my brain to turning.  I asked God to reveal a word to me.  It came quite quickly!  (Don't you love it when God just is so happy that you asked Him to show you something that He responds immediately with the answer?!?!)

My word is MOVE.

It's perfect for several reasons.

Spiritually, I long to MOVE forward in prayer, in study of His Word, and in obedience.  I love the key verse above.  I want to live and move and have my being in HIM!  I want Him to be the source of my thoughts, my words, my actions, all that I do.

I'm currently reading the life story of Oswald Chambers, Abandoned To God, by David McCasland.  I've always loved his devotional book, My Utmost for His Highest, and to get to know the man behind those writings has made me love his words even more.  Oswald Chambers' life epitomized that verse.  His life was all about Jesus.

I want to MOVE into action regarding whatever He prompts me to do.  Whether it's to pray for someone, or to act on someone's behalf.  To be bold in MOVING forward with whatever He calls me to do...write, speak...whatever.  To have faith.  To believe in His incomparably great power...that overrides my weakness.

Physically, I need to MOVE.  Mostly I'm talking about getting this old body into motion...out of the recliner, out from under my computer, and into action.  The really cool thing is that in the revelation of my word, from God and then in stepping forward in boldness to put it out in cyberspace, I actually MOVED into my sneakers and took a brisk (timewise and weatherwise) walk in  my neighborhood!!!  It felt good...well mostly good...and mostly after it was over.  I plan to MOVE more.  Who knows, maybe I'll try a little Yoga too.

So  what's your word for the year??  MOVE along and let me know what you come up with!!

Lord, thank You for loving us.  Thank You for being personal with us.  Thank You for hearing us when we pray.  Thank You for responding.  Father, creator, we want You to dwell in us.  We want our very being to be in You!! And we let our praises ring for all are about to do!

9 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Mine is FOCUS - as in stop wasting time and get your rear in gear.

Speaking of moving, I changed my walking routine from my usual pre-dawn, up-with-the-chickens kind, to the 1:30 in the afternoon kind. I've found it clears the cobwebs, and the Lord has graciously given me clarity on some things I was writing (transitions, strong intros and closings, etc).

And another benefit, which I KNOW you'll appreciate -- instead of rushing out the door to get my walk in early, it means I can sit in my PJs and sip coffee while I have my quiet time!!!

Jodie Bailey said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Kristi! I did not realize there was a biography of Oswald Chambers out there, though I should have guessed it, huh? I need to read that! And as for physically moving? Uhm, my scale agrees with you.

Kristi Butler said...

Susan, I need to focus too. I'll be MOVING toward that.

Oh yeah, you know I love that coffee in PJ's!!! And at this time of the year, an afternoon walk is a little warmer.

Jodie, thanks for stopping by and for inspiring me and so many others!!!

Anonymous said...

That song is one of my favorite! I heard it for the first time last year.

Your post MOVED me, too! :) I have been moving the last couple of days by dancing with my sweeties. I am looking forward to moving more!

Kristi Butler said...

I miss you, Donna!!!! Big hugs!!

sandi said...

I've been doing a lot of moving physically, yet ALWAYS need to move more spiritually! I haven't thought of my word....but now I will...I'll keep you posted...(p.s. great blog!) :)

Edie Melson said...

Kristi, great post and thanks for the shout out! I love your word, it's made me more aware of what I'm doing physically and spiritually. Great stuff!

Kristi Butler said...

Sandi & Edie, thanks for your encouragement!! Sandi, I can't wait to hear your word. And you must know that all of your MOVEment is an inspiration to me!! Edie, thanks for the many ways you challenge me spiritually and in MOVING toward my writing goals!