Friday, September 6, 2013

A Pelican~A Miracle~A Revelation

You are the God who performs miracles; 
You display Your power among the peoples. Psalm 77:14 (NIV)

My sister-in-law mentioned it early in the day.

There was a pelican near the shore line that was injured. He stretched his left wing out and then back to no avail. Flight eluded him.

We discussed whether someone would call the pelican authorities...or whomever...and tell of his plight.

Then I forgot about him.

Till my husband and I walked along the beach hours later.

The pelican was still there. My heart broke a little. He looked so sad. His feet were covered in the muddy thickness of the tide-washed sand. He barely even moved his wing. It looked like he'd lost hope.

As we passed him, I silently prayed, "Lord, You are the Creator of the majesty of this ocean and all her creatures. Please heal that bird and help him to fly."

And we kept walking. 

I didn't even look back to see if God answered my prayer.

Until I heard the shouts of my daughters. "Mom, Dad, did you see that?"

Not realizing they were behind us, we turned. "See what?"

"That pelican take flight! Even when his feet were covered in mud!"

"No," I said, "I missed it. I prayed and didn't think to turn around. I missed the miracle."

"But we didn't! We saw him take off! We saw God answer your prayer!"

And then we stood there beholding the grandeur of His waters, while pelicans flew before us, discussing the revelation of lessons on prayer...and miracles.

First, pray...and believe God for answers. I really don't doubt that I had faith in this. But I didn't turn around and look.

So watch for the answer!

And then trust that the miracle might be for someone else's eyes. For your children...or perhaps for future generations. 

Oh how I love that! He is faithful...to a thousand generations.

Praying that you are seeing His miracles today and trusting Him for tomorrow!

Sweet blessings,

No comments: