Friday, September 13, 2013

Askers and Praisers

I sure am feeling like an asker today.

You know, constantly asking God for something.

Not for myself. In fact I'm convicted that I need to pray more for myself...to be all that God intends me to be spiritually...to grow deep in His Word...to love like He loves...to speak only as He would have me speak...to be His hands and feet.

But today I'm really talking about asking God on behalf of others...interceding for those in need of healing...comfort for the brokenhearted...for peace and wisdom in job situations...for wayward children...for those who've lost their joy...for troubled relationships...for safety and protection...for parents and babies.

And that's good. God tells us to cast our cares (and those of others) on Him. To seek. To ask.

Surely when we tell someone that we will pray, we should take that responsibility seriously. And I do.

I will continue in that intercession, but I want to be more of a praiser than just an asker. I want to be a thanker too. God is so good and gracious and loving and kind.

And He is enough.

He is the great reward.

He is the answer.

That is cause for much thanksgiving and praise. I was drawn to Psalm 100 this morning, and make that my desire today.

Shout for joy to the LORD,
all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is He who made us, 
and we are His;
we are His people, 
the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His Name.
For the LORD is good and His love
endures forever;
His faithfulness continues through
all generations.
(NIV)

With a grateful heart, 

3 comments:

Ceil said...

Hi Kristi! That is so wonderful that you feel at ease in prayer. To pray for yourself and for others too. I agree that saying you will pray for someone is a sacred trust and we should follow through.

I am not surprised at all that you take that seriously. I know you are a woman of grace.

Have a blessed weekend!
Ceil

Kristi Butler said...

Ceil, you are such an encourager to me! Thank you, my friend! I pray that your weekend is full of sweet blessings too!!

Sarah said...

He is always enough. Beyond beautiful.

Thanks for joining the momma melody. We would love to have you join us again. Anything mom, from vacation pics, encouraging words, to recipes. I jot some notes on Mondays, but it's a come whenever you can kind of party. Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-momma-for-today.html

Be blessed bunches,
Sarah