Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Meditation~Security

This is what the LORD says, He who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it - the LORD is His name: "Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know....I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security." Jeremiah 33:2-3, 6 (NIV)

I panicked for a moment.                                                     

Where could it be?

It wasn't on the table beside my quiet time chair.

Not on the desk in my office...or the one in my kitchen.

My heart skipped a beat.

And then rested as the sigh left my lips.

 I found it. Upstairs where I last worked on my Bible study.

My pink Bible. My favorite. Tattered, worn, loved.

My mind flashed back to frantic searches for my little girl's "pink blankie." At bedtime. Or naptime. When she was sick. Or hurt. When we were away on a trip. Anytime she needed it and it was missing.

Security.

A pink blankie might have been the source for my sweet baby girl. For me, though, it's found in the pages of my pink Bible.

The place I can find rest. Or healing. Comfort. And help. Words inspired by the Author of Life and the Prince of Peace.

The place I'm reminded of unfailing love and the only One who can give it.

As I cling like a little girl to my own pink security, I'm awestruck as I remember...
"Jesus loves me; this I know.
For the Bible tells me so."

Father God of creation, what a treasure You've given us to hold in our hands. Your Word. The answer to our call. Tell us great and unsearchable things we do not know. Heal us, Lord. Heal our bodies, hearts, and souls. And may we enjoy abundant peace and security in You.


4 comments:

Susan said...

Gosh, I'm so glad you found it. Nothing worse than to misplace "old faithful." (I'd hate to have to drag around my Thompson Chain Reference)

As for blankies, I have a good story about Sarah's "squiggly." Ahh the security and comfort we long for!

Happy Monday. Praying for your week!
Love you :)

quietspirit said...

Kristi: We all have items that give us security. Mine is any long sleeved jacket or sweater-winter or summer. But God is my ultimate security.

Hester's Heart said...

Oh boy Kristi,

I hear you on the blanket thing as one of my boys is still very attached to his and we had a little episode when he was two -- quite funny.

I love your connection to the security we have in God's Word . . . where it should rightfully be.

God bless your day,
Love, Hester ;)

Kristi Butler said...

Yes, my sweet friends...Christ alone! Love you girls!