Friday, March 22, 2013

Are You Tempted?

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

I'm relating to Eve just a bit this morning.                                    

You know...forbidden fruit and all that.

Only mine is not actually fruit. (As my photo shows.)

And I wasn't told not to eat it by God.

The "restraining" orders came via my doctor's office in preparation for the delightful drawing of blood to take place in a couple of hours. (Yes, I'm hungry and a little sarcastic at this point.)

I am "standing up under it" with my "way out" being multiple cups of black coffee. Decaf.

Sadly that wasn't the only temptation faced this morning. And I failed with the "standing up" in that case.

Now, I'm not caught up in legalism, but I like to hold to a rule that I seek the Lord and His Word before making a trek to my computer and getting sucked into the social vacuum there. But today I did. Yes, I yielded to the temptation. Oh, I realize that's not grounds for being banished from the "garden" of the day. I'm just disappointed with myself.

I want to put Him first.To fill my heart and soul with Him so that He is my joy and my song for the day. To be reminded of His faithfulness and power to sustain me no matter what I face.

I'm so thankful for His loving-kindness and that His mercies endureth forever! Oh how I desire to "be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power" and to "Put on the full armor of God so that [I] can take [my] stand against the devil's schemes. Ephesians 6:10-11 (NIV)

Stand strong, my friends! You're going to look...and live...so amazing in His armor!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

How well I understand that feeling. You know you aren't banished from the garden, yet you know you messed up! Thank goodness we have a God who forgives and helps us do better next time.

kathy........ said...

I just smile because I am right there with you. I made a commitment to myself to get me a dose of God, before computer time,ect .... And most days I am great.. Plus it makes my day go way better to have him in the lead. Today I woke and my daughter who is home from college brought me coffee and sat on my bed for girl talk... Oh how wonderful was that. Still am finding time to praise God and I do think he understands....Love him so very much... be blessed kathy

Hester's Heart said...

Kristi,

I understand b/c I like to do the same. When I go the computer first, I find my mind very distracted and 'off'. Bless your weekend,

Are those jordan almonds or peanut m& m's? ;) In the photo . . .

Love to you, Hester