Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday Meditation~All We Need

And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19 (NIV)

LORD, You alone are my portion and my cup;
You make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the LORD who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I will keep my eyes always on the LORD.
With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 16:5-8 (NIV)

God, and only God, can truly meet our needs. He, alone, is our portion...the One who fulfills.

I pray for our eyes to stay on Him, our hearts to be instructed by the LORD, and that our boundary lines feel delightful and secure!

In His unfailing love,

4 comments:

Susan said...

Ps 16 is a favorite of mine too, Kristi. I'm so grateful for my lot & inheritance.
And grateful for you!

Hester's Heart said...

Hello Kristi,

It's interesting to me that I get your blog posts via email on Tuesdays, the day after it posts. But, as we know, God orchestrates all things doesn't He? Just this morning I was boldly praying for an area of God's provision in our lives. We had some recent news last Friday about a situation that will drastically alter our budget.

God has faithfully provided every step of our 18 years of marriage while we have lived on one frugal income as my husband is a pastor and we serve in ministry. At times I have struggled to trust God, but over and over He provides and blesses -- He is truly Jehovah Jireh, God Our Provider!

So, when we received this news, (in years past I would have freaked out!) -- Although I was shocked, this time I quietly prayed, "God I'm asking in bold faith for you to provide for our needs -- You have never failed in Your provision -- So, please increase my faith as we anticipate how You will take care of our situation. I believe Lord, I believe!"

I love your post Kristi -- it was meant for me!

Love you, Hester ;)

Kristi Butler said...

Susan and Hester, you are both so precious!

Hester, I love God's faithfulness and His timing! You are on my list of preacher's wives to pray for!!

Love you girls!

Vonda Skelton said...

I love it all, but especially where it says, "The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places."

He really does have my back, doesn't He?