Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Meditation~Mommy Musings

For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
and your ways are not My ways.
Isaiah 55:8 (HCSB)


Do any of you Mommies out there ever hear God clear His throat, envision the tilting of His head and Him giving you the look that says, "Hmmm, My words exactly."?

You know, like when your little one does the opposite of what you told him to do and you say, "Why don't you just obey?"

God's gotten me on that one quite a few times.

Or, "Wouldn't it have been easier if you just obeyed the first time?"

Yes, He's said that to me too.

How about "I give you those rules to keep you safe."?

Did I roll my eyes?

How many time have you uttered, "Just be patient." to your child?

Ouch, my toes hurt!

Have you ever said, "I've been around a lot longer than you. I know about these things."?

God's surely got that one covered.

Have you wondered, "Are you ashamed of me? Do I embarrass you?"

My heart clenches when I think of the One who gave His life for my sins questioning me with that.


Father God, please forgive me for my wrong-thinking and wrongdoing. Fill me with Your thoughts. Draw me to Your Word. Help me to obey You. Immediately. Equip me to walk in Your ways. Help me to trust You. To wait on Your timing. And may I boldly bear the title of daughter of the One True King every day of my life! 

5 comments:

Vonda Skelton said...

Oh, how often I fail...both as a mother and as a child of the King. It's so easy for me to see what others should do, but my eyes are often blinded to my own failures to listen.

Thank you for bringing it to the forefront of my mind today.

Susan said...

I'm late to this, but it ties in perfectly with Jesus Calling from this morning: to calm our anxious hearts so we can hear His voice. AMEN to that!

Praying for your week, specifically for your FOCUS. Love you big bunches, Kristi!

Kristi Butler said...

Oh how I love walking this earthly journey with you girls by my side! I love you!

Sarah said...

Fill me up with your faith filled words Lord ... exactly.

Posted our momma notes tonight. A day late. But it works. So hoping you can come and join. Share your words. your encouragement. your anything mom.

Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/07/syllable-by-syllable.html

Kristi Butler said...

Sarah, thank you for your sweet words and sharing with others!! Humming along with you!