Friday, July 12, 2013

My Only Hope

Show me Your ways, LORD,
teach me Your paths.
Guide me in Your truth and teach me,
for You are God my Savior,
and my hope is in You all day long.
Psalm 25:4-5 (NIV)

 
As I stepped hesitantly onto the scales, I whispered to myself, "My only hope is that I exercised yesterday."

You see after two trips to the mountains and two trips to my favorite eateries...two blackberry chipotle barbecued pork chops over fried hashbrown and apple goodness, two appetizers of tortilla chips and the yummiest pimento cheese I've ever put in my mouth, two...okay, so three blueberry jam topped to die for biscuits, and TOO many other gastronomical delights, the odds were not in my favor.

I had to chuckle at my ridiculous statement.

My only hope.

How dramatic.

Immediately I felt such correction in my spirit. It was like God, all wide-eyed, said, "Um, I beg to differ. Your only hope is in Me."

He wasn't referring to those 5 or so pounds that I need to drop.

His concern was of far weightier importance.

I must grasp the reality that my only hope in this life is in walking closely with Him, actively pursuing His path and His Truth, and exerting obedience in whatever He calls me to do.

That's the exercise we must run after daily! Therein lies our true hope!

No comments: