Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bring On the Fattened Calf...OK...So Bring On the Skinny Chicken!

"...love one another deeply, from the heart." 1 Peter 1:22b

My man is coming home today!!! He has been in Mississippi since Tuesday, and I can't wait to see that handsome man come walking in the door! I've cleaned the house, washed the sheets (so they smell Downy fresh!), and tried to make everything look nice for his return home. I am ready to celebrate!!

May I just brag on him a minute? The man is looking good!!! He is doing such a great job (since the stroke) to positively embrace a new lifestyle of eating and exercising!! He gave up Breyers Ice Cream and butter!! And red meat!!! I'm so proud and so thankful. I want to grow old with him...walk on the beach, go to the mountains, travel other places, rock on our front porch, enjoy our grandchildren...someday...no, that's not an announcement.

I am so blessed to have a husband who is committed to God and serving Him faithfully! He is so smart!!! His job requires so much...and he rises to every challenge with intelligence, love, and grace. He is also committed to his family, and provides for us in amazing ways. He has done a fabulous job being Daddy to 4 wonderful daughters. He is a very supportive husband...encouraging me (as well as our daughters) to pursue our dreams. He is a master griller! He gives the best massages EVER. He is great in ways too numerous to name!

So, bring on the rotisserie chicken! (Fattened calves are really over-rated!) Let's celebrate!

Lord, thank you for answering my parents' prayers and blessing me with a man after your own heart! Thank you for allowing me the privilege of being the bride of such a brilliant man. Thank you for the love that we share. Thank you for the paths that we've walked...the good and the bad. Thank you for the lessons that we continue to learn. Thank you for the hope of the future! Lord, you are good and your mercies endure forever!

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

He may be a master griller, but he also makes great dessert!
Remember the pistachio thingy he made for my birthday?
I do!! Yum-o!!! : )

Hugs!!!!!!!!

Sandy B. said...

Hi Kristi,
I am so proud of John and all your support is what is helping him most I'm sure. I myself have just been put on a low-sodium diet for pre-hypertension. As I am reading the diet for that I realize this will be quite a diet change for me too. So I will also be bringing on the Skinny Chicken at my house! Wishing you the best! Sandy Blankenship

Wendy Pope said...

I love you both so much. (Love you all)

I am thankful to hear that God is answering my prayers. He is so faithful!