Monday, September 8, 2008

God Doesn't Have a Secretary

"But God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:19-20 (NIV)

First of all, let me say that I am very thankful that my husband has a wonderful secretary!! I appreciate the "interference" that she runs for him. I love the way she "looks after" him and protects him. It takes quite a woman to keep that man in line! (And just for the record, I have a direct line to him. I rarely even get to talk to that precious woman.)

I understand the importance of those amazing servants who screen calls and emails, but doesn't it hurt your feelings just a little bit when you think that perhaps your phone call or email wasn't deemed worthy of being addressed?

I'm glad that God doesn't have a secretary. I'm glad that He's always there. He always listens. He always loves. He always responds. Oh, how He loves you and me!

Lord, thank you for knowing us...and loving us anyway. Thank you for the assurance that you never sleep...that you're always there to listen. Thank you for the Holy Spirit that lives in us and speaks to us. Thank you for your Word...the greatest proof of your love and that you answer prayer.

No comments: